Sunday 21 February 2010

POLO PAINTING ON SHOW AT DULWICH, SOUTH LONDON

As a member of the South London Women Artists group I applied to show one of my paintings to be on display at Dulwich Library from 1 March next. I heard today that a painting, which I did en plein air at the Polo match at Windsor Great Park (Guards Polo Club) has been selected for this exhibition.
At the polo match I set up my easel last June, 2009, at the edge of the polo field, and managed to paint three small canvases.

There is a problem with painting fast moving polo ponies, of course! I usually focus on ponies going in one direction, then as each time the field of play moves in that direction, I try and catch the pattern of the ponies and riders.

Unfortunately I remember that on this occasion the players tended to play at the other side of the field. It was difficult to take photos to back up my painting because I forgot to pack my zoom lens!

Anyway the result is fine and you are welcome to come to the private view at Dulwich if you send me an email.
My web site will show the painting and the other two I completed, very soon.

Why not contact www.southlondonwomenartists.co.uk

No comments: