Sunday 2 May 2010

BANKSIDE GALLERY AND COUNCILLOR ROBIN CROOKSHANK-HILTON, DEPUTY MAYOR OF SOUTHWARK

At the South London Women Artists Group exhibition I had an interesting talk to Councillor Robin Crookshank-Hilton, who is Deputy Mayor of the London Borough of Southwark, and represents Dulwich Village Ward as a Liberal Democrat.
I wish her well during the coming local and general election day.

The photo was taken at the private view, of Councillor Robin Crookshank-Hilton, me and the purchaser of my painting, John Runnette. You can see the Smithfield Nocturne Cycling painting behind us.

Councillor Robin told me she is very interested in the collection of work by Pre-Raphaelite artist Evelyn de Morgan, which was held by the South London Art Gallery in Peckham.
Evelyn de Morgan was the wife of artist William de Morgan, whose ceramics and other work can be seen at the De Morgan Foundation Museum in Wandsworth, 38 West Hill, Wandsworth, SW18 1RZ. I must confess that despite my good intentions I have not yet been to see this museum!
De Morgan Foundation Museum

Link to more about Evelyn de Morgan:

Evelyn de Morgan

Unfortunately this woman artist's work is not on view in Southwark now. There might be work by her at the De Morgan Foundation Museum in Wandsworth.

No comments: