Monday 7 February 2011

GUARDS BAND PLAYS AT WINDSOR GREAT PARK POLO - IRISH GUARDS

FAMOUS BAND - BEARSKINS AND SCARLET TUNICS,  AT WINDSOR GUARDS POLO CLUB

I have turned out some photos taken in 2006 at the Cartier Gold Cup polo, in Windsor Great Park, Berkshire.  The photos are on a CD, because in those days I had no digital camera.
I am planning a new painting, hopefully using these old images and a sketch.

The marching band of the Irish Guards, resplendent in scarlet tunics and bearskins, are in some of the photos.
I think they are the Irish Guards, because from the website (link below), regarding Guards uniforms:

The Official Website of the British Monarchy

I read that the Irish Guards have a blue plume on the bearskin worn on the right side.

CARTIER GOLD CUB IN 2006 - TEAMS DUBAI AND BRONCOS

I remember  exciting polo between the finalists,  Dubai and Broncos, and watching the cup being presented by HRH Queen Elizabeth.

Here is the first rought sketch for my idea


No comments: