Thursday 17 March 2011

AFFORDABLE ART FAIR BATTERSEA PARK MARCH 2011

AFFORDABLE ART FAIR

The Fair is held twice a year in Batteresea Park.  I went last Sunday.  There were a large number of stands belonging to various art galleries.

A few artists were present and I particulary enjoyed talking to Allan Henderson about his work, which I admired.  Allan was at the Barn Galleries stand, from Henley on Thames,  and what attracted me was his display of prints, in a series called 'Reflections'  showing images of rowers and water movement.  One in particular I liked called Portrait of Jack, which takes its inspiration from the Jack flag (usually referred to as the Union Jack).

Since I am at present engaged on a series of sports related oil paintings I am interested in seeing how other artists tackle visual aspect of the sporting world.  Most sporting art seems stuck in the past, but Allan's work is firmly in 2011!  He works with video and sculpture as well as in the print medium.

Allan Henderson's website

Have a look at my other website for more about the Affordable Art Fair

Affordable Art Fair Battersea 2011

No comments: