Sunday 1 November 2015

HOLIDAY IN THE ISLAND OF MALLORCA IN OCTOBER 2015 - SKETCHES

WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GO FOR A FEW DAYS TO MALLORCA IN THE BALEARICS

The hotel was overlooking the beautiful yacht harbour of Palma, with fine views of the yachts, the sunset and the distant cathedral..I took my sketch book and some watercolours, plus my crayons and an ink pen.  Here are some of my sketches.


The sketch of Palma cathedral, early evening, with yachts

The beach we liked best was at Illetas, a bus ride away. We caught the No. 3 bus which takes you right to the beach area, where you can choose one of about three beaches.

The straw beach umbrellas at Illetas beach, Mallorca

We loved the market in Palma, and went along there twice, once for a meal and once for tapas.

Tapas bar in the market in Palma


The sushi bar in the market, in Palma
Outside the cathedral in Palma, overlooking the bay

By the cathedral steps in Palma one hot afternoon, I sketched the people admiring the view over the bay
And here is my final sketch of the beach people on Los Illetas beach
Los Illetas beach, sunbathers



No comments: